These are the non-negotiable principles of the life of every Christian, and we stand firm in them. There is no life apart from Christ and no standard apart from the word of God.
1. God created the universe and everything in it for His glory.
(Psalm 19:1-6, Isaiah 6:3, Isaiah 43:7)
2. Humanity is beautifully made in the image of God. But, we have chosen our own way and are in need of redemption from our sin.
(Genesis 1, Genesis 3, Romans 3:23)
3. Jesus is the Messiah, the only begotten Son of God. He is one with the Father, and in Him the fullness of God chose to dwell. Through Him the whole world was created. Through His sinless life, sacrifice on the cross, and subsequent resurrection, humanity is reconciled back to God.
(Matt. 16:13-17, John 10:30-38, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-18, Hebrews 4:15, Colossians 1:15-20, 2 Corinthians 5:17-19, 1 Corinthians 15:14-17)
4. The Holy Spirit is the presence of God working in and through humanity today.
5. The Bible is the authoritative word of God that points us to Jesus.
(Hebrews 1:1-3, John 5:39,40)
It also helps to form us; “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
There are many theological issues that are not addressed in this statement of belief, and that is intentional. John 17 speaks to the power of our unity in Jesus, and as we unite in Christ, we depend on the Holy Spirit to give us wisdom in understanding scripture. That means sometimes divergent interpretations will exist side by side. They are not so much a conflict that threatens division as an opportunity for sharpening and seeking the Lord for guidance.